Monday, November 5, 2012

How I feel today, and pretty much everyday

Dreaming...

I would like to wander around the world wearing TOMS shoes and carrying a well worn Bible for the rest of my life. Specifically, I would like to wander around spanish speaking countries providing eye care and speaking spanish as I go. I would like to talk about Jesus and how being a Christian has changed my life. I would like to walk alongside people as they struggle with physical, emotional and spiritual difficulties. I would like to educate others on what's going on in the world and how people in other cultures live. I'd like to learn how to better love and serve those who live very differently from myself. I would like family and church groups from the states to come visit, learn with me, teach me, serve with me, spread love with joy. 

I want to love the world as hard and best as I can until I'm taken from it. 

"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: 
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, 
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." 

Psalm 37:5-6

Look for a blog post over Thanksgiving with life updates and more thoughts (of course ;) ) 

4 comments:

  1. You go girl~~~I will definately visit you when you are in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... and well said! Back up a verse too: "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." There is a reason that you find those dreams in your heart, God put them there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love LOVE this! Keep striving for this dream, and don't let anyone dampen your beautiful spirit! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully put. Btown might not be as Spanish friendly but it is certainly a place to put the rest of your vision into practice!

    p.s. You are a total hipster for Jesus... :p

    ReplyDelete